Take part in a Fall event like no other…
September 19th through the 22nd!
Our Festival Theme for 2019 is: TBD
Free Admission, Entertainment & Parking
- Thursday, Sept 19 from 5 pm to 9 pm Art & Jazz Gala Event, Food Trucks, and LIVE music night! (No Amusement Rides on Thursday)
- Friday, Sept 20 from 5 pm to 10 pm Family Fun Night with Wristbands for Amusement Rides! Food Trucks, LIVE music and Night #2 of the Art Gala.
Amusement Rides & Midway opens from 6:00 PM on Friday. Fireworks at approximately 9:30 pm!
- Saturday, Sept 21 from 12 pm to 10 pm MUM FESTIVAL DAY!
Amusement Rides & Midway opens at Noon on Saturday. Food Trucks, Kid’s Activities, Live Music, Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, Touch-A-Vehicle, Over 100 Craft & Community Vendors and so much more…
- Sunday Sept 22 from 12 pm to 6 pm Mum Festival Day plus Parade @ 1:30 pm. Food Trucks & Live Music! Amusement Rides & Midway opens at Noon on Sunday and will run until 7:00 PM.
Click HERE for a full schedule of events during the Mum Season and big Mum Weekend! (Sept 19 – Sept 22) Please note that the schedule will be updated in May 2019
Be a Sponsor of the Mum Festival! We need your support to help keep this great event going. Click Here to Make a Donation
Become a major SPONSOR today: SPONSOR the Mum Festival!
70 Memorial Boulevard, Bristol, Connecticut 06010
The Mum Festival has been an epic fall festival in Bristol’s history. Once known as the Mum City, Bristol was famous for this colorful flower, and through the years proud Fall festivities were put on by residents for all in the region to enjoy!
The Festival was refreshed in 2016 and reloaded as the Bristol Exchange Club and several talented people stepped forward to direct one of the best Fall festival ever! We welcome you and friends and family to have a memorable time along with thousands of Mum Festival goers, and encourage you to experience the the many layers of festival offerings during the “Mum Season of Events” and a special 4-day action packed weekend for all ages!
What: Over the course of the weekend the 2019 Mum Fest will feature a carnival, dozens of vendors from area businesses, crafters, local producers, restaurants, food trucks, community organizations, non profits, and museums, in addition to games, children’s programming, adult beverages, all-day live music and entertainment, a car and bike show and so much more!
When: Get ready for the “Mum Season of Events”, and 4 days of premier entertainment and festival activities starting with Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20, where an Arts & Jazz nights kick off the weekend of events. Plans are in the works for Thursday night for a special event under the Big Top… Then festival grounds will explode on Saturday, September 20 with primary festival activities, and continue through Sunday, September 21 where the historic Mum Parade takes place between 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm delighting audiences as one of the many festival highlights!
Where & Parking: The event will be held in downtown Bristol at Memorial Boulevard [Field] (70 Memorial Boulevard for GPS) and the surrounding areas, where parking, including handicap parking, will be available too.
See the map below. Green area is the Festival event. Suggested parking is highlighted in the orange and yellow areas!
- Upper left hand corner is the former mall site where there are 15 acres of parking just 4 blocks away from the site. Enter 180 Main Street for GPS purposes.
- The Associated Spring parking lots are also available (in yellow and orange to left of festival grounds)!
- Far left in orange is a City of Bristol municipal lot
- Upper right orange is American Legion Post II (22 Hooker Court) and a former car dealership
There is also many other parking options in other lots and on-street, where available! Just cruise around we have no doubt you’ll find a great space!
Join In!: We are offering you the unique chance to support a wonderful festival in Bristol and for our Connecticut communities to gather, create memories, and contribute to Bristol’s positive efforts to become a destination. This exciting event reinforces the City efforts to promote downtown as a destination, and we hope that it will encourage everyone to join in and help our region rise to new heights! We hope you can come and enjoy this amazing festival in the heart of our state for all to converge!
There’s just one last thing we’d like to say, “Mum’s the Word… See You In September!!”
2019 Mum Parade
The Chrysanthemum (Mum) Parade was started 58 years ago. It is one of the State’s largest parades, featuring Bristol and surrounding area businesses, organizations, marching bands and units, and over 40 wonderful floats. The parade has been produced by the Greater Bristol Exchange Club for over 50 years. The Parade sponsor is the City of Bristol. Come join the fun and excitement!
For more information, please email BristolMumParade@gmail.com.
Click Link above in Blue, or go to the Mum Parade Link on the right to complete and submit an application.
LINKS & CREDITS:
Historical Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Mum_Festival
Amusement Rides & Midway by: Marenna Amusements
The Mum Festival has been a part of Bristol History for almost 60 years. Thanks to the support of the Bristol Exchange Club, Our Mayor – Ellen Zoppo-Sassu, City Council and several city departments, the Mum Festival will continue its fine tradition! We especially want to thank our generous Sponsors and all our supporters! Come join the fun on the Historic Memorial Boulevard & MBS Field. Keep an eye on this page for further updates.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact one of the Festival Chairs or email us. Our committee meets the third Wednesday of the month, at 6:30pm.
2018 & 2019 Mum Festival Committee:
2018 & 2019 Festival Committee Chair(s):
Festival General Chairman – Logistics: Jack Ferraro
Festival General Chairman – Administration: Jason Fields
- Andy Adams & Joyce Ptak – Vendor Relations Chairs
- Andrew Barton – Mum-A-Thon Chair
- Casey Potthoff – Bands, Sound & Stage Manager
- Dianna Tack – Parade/Command/Volunteers Chair
- Karl Tack & Blaise Tramazzo – Family Events Chairs
- Linda Salisbury & Maria Tramazzo – Fundraising & Gala Chairs
- Maria Salice – Arts & Entertainment Chair
- Mark Thomas – Bristol All Heart Specialist
- Mickey Goldwasser – Marketing Co-Chair
- Patrick Kilby – Public Safety & Facilities Director
- Shannen Tack – Planning Chair
- Sue Berard – Finance Chair – Treasurer
- Mum Festival Administration & Logistics
- Mum Festival Finance & Sponsors
- Mum Parade & Festival Volunteers
- Mum Festival Arts & Entertainment
- Mum Festival Family Events
- Mum Festival Fundraising & Gala
- Mum Festival Marketing & Planning
- Mum Festival Mumathon Road Race
- Mum Festival Public Safety Administration
- Mum Festival Vendor Relations
- Mum Festival Volunteer Relations
The Mum Festival is under the auspices of the Exchange Club of Bristol, Connecticut, Inc., and its main Benefactor is the City of Bristol Connecticut, Inc.